ABOUT PRIVATE LESSONS DURING THE PANDEMIC – MOST FACULTY WILL OFFER IN-PERSON LESSONS, WITH APPROPRIATE PRECAUTIONS, FOR THOSE WHO WANT THEM. ANYONE WHO HAS HEALTH CONCERNS MAY CONTINUE TO TAKE LESSONS ON LINE. THIS MAY CHANGE DURING THE TERM, DEPENDING ON LOCAL CONDITIONS AND GUIDANCE.
About the School
Mountain Top Music Center offers private instruction for all orchestral and band instruments (strings, winds, brass), plus harp, piano, bass, acoustic and electric guitar, voice, and percussion. Lessons in additional instruments can be arranged by appointment. Affordable instrument rental, scholarships, and payment plans are available to all students.
The study of music can be a joyous and rewarding experience. It offers a unique opportunity to develop simultaneously one’s self-expression, artistry and self-discipline. In order to make good progress you will need to do the following:
- Attend lessons regularly and be on time.
- Practice every day in a quiet place. Remember that the quality of practice time is as important as quantity.
- Keep your music and instrument in good order and bring your music to lessons.
- Attend live music performances at every opportunity. Current Mountain Top students may attend any Mountain Top concert free of charge.
- Enjoy yourself and remember to take pride in being a student of music.
Spring 2021 Term:
Recital week: May 10-15
Makeup weeks: May 24-29, June 1-5
Holidays (no classes):
January 18 (Martin Luther King Day)
February 14-20 (February break)
April 25-May 1 (Spring break)
Summer 2021 Term:
No makeup week(s) for summer term.